- He took over the New York Knicks and ran the once proud orginization into the ground, including three straight 1st Round playoff defeats.
- By all accounts he is an absolutely horrible game coach.
- He had an 11-million dollar sexual harassment lawsuit filed against him. But hey, who hasn't?
- Accusations of racism, misogyny, and general assholery.
- Allegedly overdosed on sleeping pills six months ago, was taken to the hospital by ambulance, ID'd by several EMTs, and then claimed it was his daughter.
- And oh yeah, he has zero experience in college coaching, not to mention recruiting.
- He played 2-years for Bobby Knight 30-years ago.
- He supposedly has an "eye for talent." I assume they mean basketball talent.
- He's supposed to have an edge in recruiting because he's an NBA Hall of Famer.
Plus, do you think Isiah will have a sit down and study the NCAA Rule Book? Ooh, I foresee problems down the road in that regard as well.
And all the while guys who really know the college game, guys who can really recruit (can you say Billy Hahn?) are still assistants at the college level. Go figure.
Oh, FIU averaged less than 700 fans per game last season, so I'm sure there will be an uptick in attendance, at least at the start. Plus, we're talking about them, so there's that.
So, back to the title of this blog. Why in the hell did Florida International hire Isiah Thomas? What, Dennis Rodman wasn't available?