Search the Shake!

Sorry, I've been out with a sore Cutler. Updates galore coming soon.

Heat Crunch Time Highlights!

LOL.

LOL.

25-years ago, Len Bias did this.

Get me this out-of-bounds play!

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Somebody Up There (That's you, Football Gods) Hates Me.


You know, before the playoffs began, if I had to pick two teams I wouldn't want to see play in the Super Bowl this year they would have been:

1. The Minnesota Favrekings.
2. The Indianapolis Colts

Yep, that's 2 out of the 4 teams that are left. Geesh.

My hatred of the Brett Favre-led Vikings has been well documented on here, mainly for one reason - Brett Favre. I actually used to admire the guy. Now, not so much. I finally went over the edge when, after a couple of years of hem-hawing about whether he was going to play or not, he actually held a press conference, during Super Bowl Week no less, to announce he was thinking about retiring. That's right, THINKING about retiring. Talk about a spotlight whore. Then he put us through the whole "I'm retired (sob-sob)" routine and changing his mind bullshit with the Pack, only to decide he wanted to play again after they'd commited to Aaron Rodgers. This was followed by the trade to the Jets, where he basically sold them down the river and held them hostage until he ended up with the Minnesota Vikings, who were coincidentally the arch-enemies of the fans who were devoted to him for 17-years back in Green Bay. Nice guy.

And please, spare me all the talk about what a great year he's had. I know he's had a great year. I don't care. I'm sick of all the "gunslinger" talk, the "he brings such a youthful enthusiasm to the game" bullshit, and the "he's just like a kid out there" nonsense. He's a freaking phony and if he gets to the Super Bowl we'll be hearing that shit for 2 solid weeks ad nauseum and watching the ESPN talking heads get boners singing his praises. God help us all.

PS - And I don't care if you call me old school. That fake punt against the Cowboys and the prancing and preening that went on after it was classless. And spare me the "if you don't like it you should stop us" load of batshit. Run it up the middle, take a knee, try a field goal, or punt. The extra TD only showed what asses the Vikings are. And you know what? I bet Brett Favre called the play.

As for the Colts, I've always respected their organization and in particular Peyton Manning. But when they had a chance to go 16-0 and rolled over like a whipped beagle at the hands of the Jets it pissed me off. It was a mistake. They spit in the face of their fans. Imagine being a season ticket holder in Indy and watching that disgraceful game. Your team has a chance to make history and they shrug their shoulders and give it away because they want to be "rested." Wow. Instead, I think they saw what happened New England a couple of years back didn't want the pressure of entering the playoffs (PLAYOFFS?) unbeaten. Gutless.

In the end they lose either way. If they don't win it all people will say they lost their mojo that day. And if they win it all? Just think, they could have gone 19-0.

So here's the scenarios I'm hoping for. The Jets beat up on the Colts, the Saints put a whuppin' on the Vikes, and Shoe has a happy Super Bowl Sunday watching Rex Ryan get his fat ass walloped by The Real America's Team. Yeah, I don't like him either but I hate the other guys worse. Next best scenario - The Minnesotas beat the Saints, we have to put up with a ton of Brett Favre slurping for 2-weeks, but it's worth it because the Jets get revenge on the Gunslinger by sacking him 6-times in an upset Super Bowl win. Bonus fun for me if Brett gets concussed at some point. Just sayin'. I'd prefer a Saints win over Indy in the big game for reasons mentioned above, and finally, I could live with an Indy win over Minnesota. But still we'd wonder. Could have they gone 19-0?

But please God, please. Anything but a Brett Favre Super Bowl victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Man, that chick beside me is smokin'.

Imagine waking up and seeing this on ESPN. I look like I'm having a stroke back there. Good Lord.

Imagine waking up and seeing this on ESPN. I look like I'm having a stroke back there. Good Lord.

3:30 AM, after the Louisville game.

Today's Handshake Visitors