Search the Shake!

Sorry, I've been out with a sore Cutler. Updates galore coming soon.

Heat Crunch Time Highlights!

LOL.

LOL.

25-years ago, Len Bias did this.

Get me this out-of-bounds play!

Friday, July 9, 2010

Miami Thrice? Who's The Pivot Man?



Yeah, I watched the ESPN special, and I do feel violated. I'd already had a growing hatred for Chris Broussard & Tim Legler in the weeks leading up to this fiasco - I feel so sorry for Jon Barry. Now, I turn the channel whenever they come on my TV. Thank God for NBA TV and its access to "real" talent like Charles Barkley, Reggie Miller, & Eric Snow - I'll even forgive the unintelligible C-Webb. The Bachelor-esque vibe, where LeBron figuratively gives Riles his rose (and the finger to the whole state of Ohio) was at best, cheesy. Why the need to validate at the end by bringing in the Boys & Girls Club charity thing? Instead of teaching values like loyalty & family, you teach these kids that succumbing to peer pressure & going with the crowd is the cool thing? Anyway, fuck you LeBron, fuck you Miami, fuck you Wade & Bosh, fuck you Pat Riley, & fuck you ESPN. You're free to go suck-off Brett Favre now. But I digress, on to basketball-related observations....
  1. So who takes the last shot in Miami? You're damn right....D-Wade. It's his team, Bosh & James are guests & always will be. Plus, LeBron's always passed on that shot anyway.
  2. Who are the role players? The Heat only have 4 players under contract I think since they had to trade former #1 pick Michael Beasley for a #2 pick, just to clear cap room for The Thrice. There's a SG spot open for ya, Tim Legler...
  3. The Cavs are calling James a "quitter" now that he's gone, much as I'm sure everyone in Cleveland was muttering under their breath during the playoff beat down by the Celtics. You wanna talk about a scorned lover: try Cavs owner Dan Gilbert.
  4. The Legacy? The Brand? See ya. James would have been immortal in Cleveland. Now he's every bit as infamous as Art Modell. No statues outside The Q. No more "Witness" billboards. BTW...Jim Brown is looking for your ass.
  5. This move instantly validates Kobe Bryant in the history books as "The Man," post-Jordan. Kobe has won 2 straight NBA titles without Shaq, just less than a month removed from hoisting the trophy for a 5th time. You know Kobe was sitting at home watching all this free-agent bullshit going down, just seething. God have mercy on the Heat should they be fortunate enough to meet L.A. in the finals next year.
  6. Are the Heat even the best in the East? All these jack-offs on TV & on the radio are anointing this crew as the best in the Conference already...even though as previously mentioned they don't even have enough players to field a team yet. Please. Boston, Orlando, Chicago, Atlanta. Miami ain't getting through that.
  7. The Cavs can still be a good team. Mo, Jamison, Varejao...this core can play a little, especially now that they don't have to defer to King James. It's crucial that the Cavs bring in a gritty, "glue" guy to replace #23, and if they do I like Byron Scott getting the most out of this team. Keep an eye on J.J. Hickson....I'm just sayin'.

2 comments:

  1. Great post. As for Gilbert, he's speaking for the Cav fans right now. Good for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All men should take a page from L-bron and break up with a respected lover by having a 60 minute prime time special. What a Casanova.

    ReplyDelete

Man, that chick beside me is smokin'.

Imagine waking up and seeing this on ESPN. I look like I'm having a stroke back there. Good Lord.

Imagine waking up and seeing this on ESPN. I look like I'm having a stroke back there. Good Lord.

3:30 AM, after the Louisville game.

Today's Handshake Visitors