Search the Shake!

Sorry, I've been out with a sore Cutler. Updates galore coming soon.

Heat Crunch Time Highlights!

LOL.

LOL.

25-years ago, Len Bias did this.

Get me this out-of-bounds play!

Friday, December 19, 2008

Brett Favre is thinking of not returning next season, and I'm thinking of slitting my wrists.

For the love of God, can't this man shut the hell up? I'm sitting in a bar south of Columbus, Ohio, minding my own business, and I see the headline on ESPN. Gawd. How much more of a media whore can one guy be? Here he is, he's got a team fighting for a playoff spot (Playoffs? PLAYOFFS?) and he's drawing attention to himself by saying he may retire after the season. Again.


Sigh.

How one man can command so much attention from the World Wide Leader in sports is beyond my comprehension. ESPN's infatuation with Brettfavre (and it IS Brettfavre, right? That's how he's always referred to) is so beyond the pale that it sickens me. I'm pretty sure Tony Kornheiser has a Brettfavre tattoo on his ass. John Madden? Brettfavre has given him more boners than his wife has in the past 30-years.

I simply don't get it. Favre makes the Pro Bowl when several QBs have had considerably better seasons than his. Remember a couple years back when his father passed away and Brettfavre soldiered on, winning that Monday Night Football game? Great story, no? Well, Matt Cassell did essentially the exact same thing this year and nary a word was heard.

Disgusting.

So, get ready for the tearful news conference (probably during Super Bowl week), the sad goodbyes, the talk of going back to the farm and riding his tractor, and the eventual change of heart. I'm betting he'll want to go back to Green Bay to "finish his career the right way." Please, Brett, save us the crocodile tears this time, I beg you. Stay with the Jets another year or two and go quietly into that good night. Right, like that'll happen. And that tractor ain't getting ridden anytime soon. We're doomed to seeing "The Gunslinger" on NFL Gameday as the ESPN hosts fawn over him for the next 20-years.

Heaven help us all.

4 comments:

  1. Hey man, did you forget. Favre plays the game we would play the game if we could. Anyway, the media coverage of his indecision is like turning on ESPN only to see National Enquirer.

    One worse still comes to mind - T.O. That's all I'll say cause if I say anymore I'm a part of the madness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look! He jumps into the arms of his linemen! He high-fives the referees! He loves to play the game! He's a spotlight loving con-man!

    Blech.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...the "anonymous" Jets player has let The Brett have it!! At least T. Jones had the balls to include he own name. Maybe ESPN should change "anonymous Jets player" to "insert any Jets player name here"...? Just a thought...

    ReplyDelete

Man, that chick beside me is smokin'.

Imagine waking up and seeing this on ESPN. I look like I'm having a stroke back there. Good Lord.

Imagine waking up and seeing this on ESPN. I look like I'm having a stroke back there. Good Lord.

3:30 AM, after the Louisville game.

Today's Handshake Visitors