Search the Shake!

Sorry, I've been out with a sore Cutler. Updates galore coming soon.

Heat Crunch Time Highlights!

LOL.

LOL.

25-years ago, Len Bias did this.

Get me this out-of-bounds play!

Friday, December 19, 2008

KG, I hardly know ye.

You know, I used to love Kevin Garnett. Sure, I was all set to hate the guy when he came out of high school. It was straight to the pros for KG, and I figured, like most players not named LeBron, that he'd have a ton of trouble adjusting to all that wealth and everything else that goes with being a young NBA superstar. Still, the kid showed a quiet maturity that impressed the hell out of me. In Minnesota he toiled away on some pretty bad teams but rarely complained, even as the T-Wolves brass failed miserably in trying to surround him with a sufficient supporting cast. He handled the criticism that came with his playoff failures with class and dignity. Hell, I remember watching the game in which Karl Malone broke some sort of scoring milestone, and when the zombie-like Minnesota crowd didn't react, KG implored them to recognize The Mailman's achievement, raising his arms and getting the home crowd to stand up and cheer. He appreciated the significance of that moment as well as the history of the game.


And then he was traded to Boston, where he started winning, and with the winning came a new KG, an unrecognizable KG. What the hell? In a matter of months he turned into a chest thumping, jersey popping, loudmouthed, total dick of a man. I know, I know, he always was a trash-talker, but he's taken it to a new, and much more offensive, level. And what is the deal with him crawling toward his opponent? Holy hell, the man is embarrassing himself and doesn't even realize it. Apparently winning has brought out the worst in KG.

Ah, maybe I'm just an old school guy who doesn't get it. But, I don't think I want to. KG, I don't even know you.

1 comment:

  1. Consider the possibility that KG hasn't changed, but because he is in a larger market, his exposure has. Is it possible that you "didn't even know [him]" when he was in Sota?

    Jus sayin

    ReplyDelete

Man, that chick beside me is smokin'.

Imagine waking up and seeing this on ESPN. I look like I'm having a stroke back there. Good Lord.

Imagine waking up and seeing this on ESPN. I look like I'm having a stroke back there. Good Lord.

3:30 AM, after the Louisville game.

Today's Handshake Visitors