Search the Shake!

Sorry, I've been out with a sore Cutler. Updates galore coming soon.

Heat Crunch Time Highlights!

LOL.

LOL.

25-years ago, Len Bias did this.

Get me this out-of-bounds play!

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Quick Hits (or having a try with some Aussie Football)

Alright, I admit I don't have much of a social life. So I'm on the couch Friday night, flipping through the channels & spot the National Rugby League on SpikeTV. Now, I used to watch me some rugby back in college & toyed with the idea of playing some since our football games on the common green usually turned in to an unruly form of rugby. So I flip to the NRL, and lo & behold, as if sent down from the heavens the Parramatta Eels are playing. Not that it's just the Eels (no Shoe, Mark Everett is not the owner or coach) but it's this big-ass freight train they've got mowing people down like a steamroller. He wears #10. He's from the Isle of Tonga (cue Howard Finkel, the ring announcer from the WWE)...he's Fuifui Moimoi...!!! Yes Fuifui...pronounced FU-ey FU-ey. The man is an animal, my friends. He searches out people to run over while carrying the ball. He would just as soon run over you than around you. And...he doesn't wear a helmet or shoulder pads. But I'm thinking "yes he should - and they should have black & orange tiger stripes on them." How Pete Carroll missed this cat from The Polynesian Islands is unfathomable. Well, in all fairness to Mr. Carroll (which stops with the next paragraph) Fuifui is 30 years old. Which means time is running out, Mike Brown. I know you read this site...where else do you get scouting advice?


OK...so Pete Carroll got his ass kicked by his understudy, Steve (Spicoli) Sarkisian. Was it because Carroll taught him that well, or because like our pal Hightower would say, he's a good BYU man inspired from on high? Honestly, I think the Sweater Vest rubbed off on Pete last week. No reason to display any urgency, no reason to run your most dangerous weapon (Joe McKnight) more than 10 times. By the way, you Husky Dogs...you're welcome for laying out Barkley & Mays. Also...how bad of a coach was Ty Willingham to not win a single game last year with Tim Tebow Lite (Jake Locker) taking snaps? Oy...

The Bucks got their "W" yesterday...not too shabby. Glad to see you again, Mr. Sanzenbacher. I thought Toledo would show up...but I guess the lure of Cedar Point on the way over to Cleveland was too much for the team that destroyed Colorado last week & almost upset Purdue. By the way, Colorado pitched a shut out Saturday while Purdue lost again, this time to N. Illinois. All of which means absolutely nothing other than Purdue really sucks.

Interesting rhetoric this week concerning the Jacksonville Jaguars selecting Tim Tebow with their #1 pick in the 2010 NFL draft in an attempt to boost sagging season ticket sales (17,000 lost since 2008 - wow!). Watching yesterday's Florida-Tennessee game I still didn't see Tebow go under center at all though, so you gotta wonder if he really doesn't care about the NFL right now or if there's more to this story (Urban Meyer to JAX too?) I'll go with the first option...I've never seen a more dedicated, focused individual play college football in my life. How lucky have the folks in Gainesville been the past 4 years?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Man, that chick beside me is smokin'.

Imagine waking up and seeing this on ESPN. I look like I'm having a stroke back there. Good Lord.

Imagine waking up and seeing this on ESPN. I look like I'm having a stroke back there. Good Lord.

3:30 AM, after the Louisville game.

Today's Handshake Visitors