Search the Shake!

Sorry, I've been out with a sore Cutler. Updates galore coming soon.

Heat Crunch Time Highlights!

LOL.

LOL.

25-years ago, Len Bias did this.

Get me this out-of-bounds play!

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Villain of Week? Kanye or The Vest? Plus Week 3 College Football Preview


First, let me start by saying I agree with Kanye West…Taylor Swift is awful. I don’t like her voice or her songs. I can see why everybody is killing Kanye…that was pretty rude, but was he wrong? No. Whatever happened to it being cool to be the guy who speaks his mind and speaks the truth? Even if it is wrong place, wrong time. Either way, no way in hell I’m going to spend one second of my life feeling sorry for Taylor Swift. So what if Kanye ripped her big moment, she has won awards before and will win more, plus she is a MULTI millionaire. I have to buy generic cough syrup because I can’t drop 8 bucks on Robitussin.


As for The Vest..wow is he getting killed too. Every radio show, local or national..just ripping Tressell for pretty much everything. Bloggers tearing his vest to shreds. I for one will stand up for Jim and stand by him. The biggest complaint I’ve heard, go for it on 4th down, up 12-10..don’t kick the field goal. Here’s my take..your defense hasn’t given up a touchdown drive all game. Go up by more than a field goal and make the true freshman quarterback score a touchdown. If you go for it and miss (think Navy), you give up a ton of momentum and then they are one big play away from being in field goal range and you never make them score a touchdown to beat you.. And if we couldn’t get 4th and one vs. Navy..who in the hell has confidence that we can do it vs. USC. One more thing, I am about done with Boom Herron. He is quickly becoming the next Lydell Ross and Maurice Wells. Obviously they must have been good at one point because they are at Ohio State, but they just can’t cut it.

As for the games last week..I start you guys off with a winner. 5-4 last week. Not a huge winner, but winning money is winning money is it not? It could have been more. Georgia Tech was up 24-0 and the whole damn thing blew up in our faces as they gave up 27 unanswered. They managed to win, but what good did that do? Notre Dame -3 was looking like a push..no harm no foul, let’s get out of town because Michigan may be better than we thought. Well they were and ripped our hearts out. We were fortunate to win the Vandy game by half a point as LSU settled for 3 red zone field goals. And my biggest swing and miss, the Georgia/S.Carolina Under…whoops. I did call for UCLA to go into Tennessee and outright win the game, however.

Nebraska @ Virginia Tech (-4)
I liked Tech last week because after playing that fast Alabama D..the Marshall defense would look like slow motion. They throttled Marshall and this week the Huskers come into Lane Stadium. Last year the Hokies went into farm land and beat Nebraska..both team are improved this year and I like the Lane Stadium advantage, and improved Tyrod Taylor and Tech has beaten 10 straight BSC non conference foes by an average of 20 ppg. Take VIRGINIA TECH in this one.

Texas Tech @ Texas (-17.5)
Tech lost a lot of weapons on offense, but they truly just reload that air attack. Taylor Potts is one of Mike Leach’s best recruits and will have a great year. I don’t see them winning this game, but I think they hang around McCoy and the boys and make it rough on them. I think Texas wins, but I’ll take TEXAS TECH plus the points.

Cincinnati (-1) @ Oregon State
You should find this one on your local FSN at 6:45 Saturday night and I am looking forward to it. I love Brian Kelly and the job he has done at Cincy. This will be a tough test for them. They beat a Rutgers team that played a true frosh at QB most of the game and then spanked SE Mizzou St, so it’s a tough read on them. I worry because they lost 11 of their top 13 tacklers from a year ago and only return one starter on defense. OSU has a great RB in Jacquizz Rodgers, but their QB Lyle Moevao is just questionable. The key will be if he his healthy their play action game is great, but there is no way he is 100% this week. I don’t think OSU can keep Tony Pike and Cincy off the board and even with a depleted defense, I think the Bearcats get enough stops to get out of Corvallis with a win. It could become a shootout, but I like CINCINNATI to take care of business on the road.

Tennessee @ Florida (-29.5)
The last time Tennessee went to the Swamp to face Tebow they got beat down 59-20. This time it will come after Lane Kiffin called out Urb for recruiting violations that were false. Tim Tebow said “I don’t like it when people talk about Coach Meyer”. For St. Tebow those are fighting words. Coach Meyer is not shy about burying a team that has wronged him (ask Georgia 49-10 last year) and that Georgia team had the number one overall pick and a great RB. This Tennessee team isn’t in the same class talent-wise and hell hath no wrath like a scorned Urban Meyer. I will take FLORIDA in an absolute romp..something like 56ish to 10ish.

Ohio State (-20.5) vs. Toledo
This game is at Cleveland Browns Stadium. Since 2005, Ohio State is 3-2 vs. the spread coming off a loss, but all 3 wins were vs. Big 10 teams after losses to Penn St in 05 and 08 and Illinois in 07. The losses were to San Diego State and Troy after losses to Texas in 05 and USC last year. So that would make you lean towards Toledo. I think this is different though. This team is so young, I think that the coaches will be able to get their attention, especially after the Rockets beat UM last year and their offense looked so good vs. Purdue and Colorado. “You guys think that USC loss was bad..if you don’t get your heads out of your asses and you will end up like Michigan last year. This team can play.” I’m sure that was uttered by some coach this week during practice. I think the Bucks come out focused and take care of the Rockets. I like OHIO STATE in this one.

Other games for you.
GEORGIA +1 @ Arkansas
UNLV -7 vs. Hawaii
IOWA STATE -3 @ Kent
TULSA +17 @ Oklahoma
SMU -6.5 @ Washington State.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Man, that chick beside me is smokin'.

Imagine waking up and seeing this on ESPN. I look like I'm having a stroke back there. Good Lord.

Imagine waking up and seeing this on ESPN. I look like I'm having a stroke back there. Good Lord.

3:30 AM, after the Louisville game.

Today's Handshake Visitors